Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa's Fall Break

This past weekend my parents and sisters came to visit. It was great to see them again and we had a good time enjoying beautiful fall weather and touring the coast. We went on a walk in the Croatan Forest, swam in the ocean, and took a ferry ride to Cape Lookout National Seashore. We also ate at RuckerJohn's and just enjoyed each others company. Here are a few of our favorite pictures from our time together.



The lighthouse at Cape Lookout

We had a great time collecting shells on the island

Grandma and Sarah on the ferry to Cape Lookout


A quick story about our ferry ride: Sarah was curious all day before we got there what the ferry was going to be like. Later that night as I was tucking her into bed she turned to me and said, "Mom, we never saw the ferry". "Yes, we did" I said, "that was the boat we rode on". "Oh, I thought the man was the fairy". It was only then I realized she was looking for a fairy princess and she was very surprised to find a down east southern speaking boat captain instead!

Aunt Liz and Moses collecting hermit crabs


Our very own "Carolina Princess"

Silas hamming it up!


Grandma & Grandpa and the kids

I love my grandma!


Sisters


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Most ADORABLE story about Sarah and the fairy...too cute! Amazing all they really take in and think about. Hope you are feeling good. You look great, so many fun pictures. Take care. mis.

Kelly Hess said...

Aww, Sarah is so sweet. My little cousin thought a "Ferry" was a "Fairy" too. When told the ferry would take them across the river she asked, "But won't her wings get wet?"

Unknown said...

Miss you guys. I keep thinking
Silas is Moses in the pictures!