Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bunk Beds & Cardboard Cutouts...

This is Heather posting. It seems that Mark has taken over the posting duty since we have moved back home. The weeks have been flying by as we have been getting settled in and adjusting to life here in Lancaster. Besides unpacking and setting up the house I have also been in "Nesting" mode which means organizing, repainting furniture and fixing things around the house in preparation for the baby who is arriving in a month. I know some nesting is good but I also know I can go into control mode during this time when my body, hormones and life all feel a little out of my control. So I am learning to try to find balance in the midst of transiton and learning to relax and enjoy the ride.
The kids help me to not take life so seriously sometimes. The boys were in need of some new beds as Moses (5) was still in a toddler bed and Silas (2 1/2) was going to be passing the crib onto his new little sister. My parents blessed us with some bunkbeds and the boys were delighted. Here they are awaiting their arrival.


Oh goody...I can hardly wait for my new bed!
(maybe next year we'll get new jeans:)

While Grandpa and Daddy set up the bunkbeds Grandma got creative with the cardboard boxes and created life size Moses, Sarah & Silas cut-outs. They were a great hit with the kids. It made me laugh and the kids are still playing with them!





Stay posted for pictures of the bunk beds!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the cardboard cutouts! What a creative grandma you have...Bunkbeds looked great, as I was snooping around your house. Ours is quite a mess right now. No end in sight to this mess. Take care. mis.

Kelly Hess said...

Cute cardboard cutouts! It reminds me of my brother doing "Flat Stanly" in elementary school. Your family has been on my mind a lot! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying being back in Lancaster.

Hollywood Megastore said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.

Life Size Cardboard Cutouts