Thursday, April 15, 2010

Family Heirlooms

1. the rug was made from old wool coats and skirts and hand-braided by my grandparents.
2.the picture on the wall was passed down from my grandmother's grandmother onto her and now onto me.
3. we also got the cute little rocker and some other little treasures too!

On Easter weekend we went to my grandma's house for a little celebration and also said good-bye to 40 years in their house. They moved to a retirement home and had to downsize. We were blessed in recieving a few heirlooms and treasures from their home. Thank you Grandma and Grandfather for your genoerosity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love. love. love. the rug...love it to pieces. love the colors. it looks so fabulous in your room. please give it to me if you really don't like it. ha. ha. :)

AmyK said...

That rug is BEAUTIFUL! And you know I am partial to braided rugs! What a wonderful family heirloom to have received!!