Thursday, February 16, 2012

a bit of life...

How is it the middle of February already? Time seems to be flying by these days...

I enjoyed an evening out with this man on Valentine's Day. It was good to get away for a few hours and enjoy a nice dinner together. A young couple that is part of our small group volunteered to babysit for us....doesn't get much better than that!  Mark and I had  a good time talking and connecting without interruptions. Although by 8:30 I was ready to be taken home. I can tell I have hit the third trimester...I am more tired and have even been having braxton hicks...crazy. And you know you are close to the end when they start scheduling your appointments for every two weeks. CRAZY...twelve more weeks to go!

We are very much anticipating the arrival of new little baby girl. Here Sarah is drawing our family including mama holding baby. Hope and Sarah have especially taken an interest in the baby. Hope lifts up my shirt and yells into my stomach, "Hey baby you want some candy!" and Sarah is now earnestly praying for the name. She faithfully interceded on behalf of the baby's life and got her heart's desire for a baby sister so now she is requesting the name. We will see....I love her childlike faith.


And I started potty training Hope two weeks ago or should I say started round three or four of potty training (i have lost track). I think we are getting closer....this little girl keeps me on my toes!
We enjoyed a surprise visit from Grandma and Papaw a couple of weeks ago. They brought pizza and the word of the Lord...just what I needed!
I have been trying to intentionally make time for rest and quiet time in my days...time to dream, be with the Lord, read and reflect. When I have pockets of those times throughout me week it is so good for me and my perspective....
 Happy Thursday...

1 comment:

Terri said...

"We enjoyed a surprise visit from Grandma and Papaw a couple of weeks ago. They brought pizza and the word of the Lord..." Love this! Blessings to you over there with your little family and the one who is nestled in so sweetly...