Monday, March 19, 2012

the best nest...


So while reading a children's book to the kids this morning I got convicted. I have often shared my love/hate relationship with living in an old rented farmhouse. I have also shared how it is all about my perspective and what I choose to fix my eyes on...the flaws or the beauty, the blessings or the things that are less than perfect. 
So in the story "The Best Nest" the mama bird says she hates her nest and wants a new one only in the end to realize her old nest was really the best. She says, 

"I used to hate it. But a mother bird can change her mind. You see....there's no nest like an old nest for a brand new bird."

Yes, that brought conviction to my sometimes bad attitude. I really do think this old farmhouse nest will be perfect to bring home my brand new little birdie. I have been having fun rearranging Hope's room to welcome our newest addition. I am not quite done (am I ever?) but I have been enjoying creating a space for little baby girl. And taking these pictures this morning helped bring perspective and appreciation for our current nest...
I can't wait to bring her HOME.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

love your hoops. i haven't gotton that far yet...mine are still in the bag from a month ago. yikes.

AmyK said...

It looks so sweet, Heather. Sometimes I long for a big, old farmhouse in the country...