Thursday, July 25, 2013

you are loved.

My little girl celebrated eight years of life on Sunday. Our celebration was a weekend long event starting with her getting her ears pierced, going to work with Daddy, swimming at the pool and ending with a family picnic with the Buckwalter cousins. 
The night before her birthday tears came to my eyes when I thought of her turning eight. Sometimes when I look at Eden I am taken back to when Sarah was that old. They look a lot a like and she is busy like Sarah was. In some ways it feel like just yesterday I was rocking Sarah in my arms in her nursery on Chestnut Street . But in other ways it is a foggy distant memory and it is hard to picture her as anything but a little girl chattering and drawing (always drawing) and mothering her younger sibilings. She is growing up before my very eyes it seems. 


Happy Birthday Sarah. 
You are indeed loved.

No comments: