Wednesday, June 15, 2011

our homestead

 We dream of a homestead. A place to own and put our roots down deep. A place to raise our children. A homestead where writing, photography and businesses would flow. A place where we could have a bed and breakfast....
But in the meantime this is our homestead. Our little corner of the world where we rent a big ol' farmhouse and raise our children. How do you dream for the future and yet walk in contentment with where you are RIGHT now. Sometimes it feels there is tension in the proccess.
The other night we were all working in our HUGE garden (think 12 one hundred foot rows) and I looked up to see my family working the ground TOGETHER and I could not help but smile ear to ear and was reminded of how good life is NOW. And just when I thought that I looked up and saw two deer in the meadow. It was beautiful like something surreal out of a movie, with huge pillowly clouds as the backdrop. It seems some of the tension is relived when I embrace fully where I am at so I can recieve whatever is coming in the future.
So here are some pictures of Blossom View Farm, our today homestead.





 As for God, his way is perfect:

The LORD’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.

He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great.
You provide a broad path for my feet,
so that my ankles do not give way. (psalm 18)

4 comments:

not your ordinary anything said...

all of these pictures are so awesome!!!

AmyK said...

I experience the same tension between contentment now and dreams for the future. It does seem like embracing the NOW is key. You have a beautiful rented homestead!!!!

Unknown said...

your homestead for now seems just prefect for you guys. :) mis.

Terri said...

The homestead is lovely...perfectly beautiful! The pictures are proof! If you are going to have a "for now" place, then I'd say you couldn't ask for more than the one you currently have! The garden...the buildings...the character! Love it!