Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas 2010

Well. Christmas has come and gone. It's hard to believe. I really enjoyed counting down the days to Christmas this year on the blog. I liked the anticipation and the time it brought reflecting on the many blessings in our lives. We spent Christmas Eve with my family and the day after Christmas with Mark's family but on Christmas we actually spent the entire day as a family at our house and it was such a good time of relaxing, playing legos, coloring, watching movies, cutting wood (mark got a chain saw and HAD to try it out) and just being together! I loved it.

We watched Toy Story 3 with the kids on Christmas and will confess we cried at the end (mark will probably not like me posting this). At the end of the movie there is a picture of Andy and his toys shown that reminded both of us of this picture taken Christmas day of Moses and his beloved legos. It is crazy to think how fast he is growing up and wanting to savor these Christmas's where he still lights up over a box of legos.

Sarah was sick on Christmas but was a trooper. Here she is smiling but you can see in her eyes she does not quite have the sparkle that is usually there! We are actually battling round 2 of the stomach bug this week with more fevers, diarrhea, and vomiting. I am ready for healthy children again!


It was a Phillies Christmas at our house as all the boys got hats. I love this picture of my boys!




I love the glow of a tree and sitting by the light of it at night. Mark and I have a tradition of opening our gifts to each other Christmas Eve. It feels more intimate than doing it in the craziness of the kids opening their presents on Christmas morning. This is always a special time for us and this year was no different. We love to surprise each other. This year I surprised Mark and printed out our entire blog and made it into a book. I was pleased with how it turned out (aside from a few perfectionist things i would change) and it was cool to look back on the last three years and the journey we have been on. We are looking forward to what is in store for 2011.







No comments: