Thursday, March 3, 2011

First of all He loves me...

Sometimes God's love just invades our days, and it takes us by surprise...

I was reading a children's book from the library to the kids when I had to stop reading. I was struck by the simple truth of God's love for me.

I began to cry, tears rolling down my face so that I could not even read.
He loves me. He loves me. He loves me.

It was so simple but yet so profound that it touched something deep inside of me.

It is not about how much I mess up or fall short. Or even about what I accomplish in the day.
He loves me...no matter what.

In the back of the book the author talked about how it will be easier for our kids to see the unconditional love in God's eyes if they have first seen it in ours. And how important it is for them to hear, "First of all I love you. Second of all I love you. And thirdly I love you..... Even on their very, very bad days. Especially on their very, very bad days." (phil visher)

I was taken back. That is how God embraces me on my bad days and I want to extend that same kind of love to my children...especially on days when love does not seem to be abounding....



First of all I love you. Secondly I love you.
And thirdly I love you.

No comments: