Wednesday, July 13, 2011

release...

 I was sitting there unaware that the thoughts rolling around in my head had translated into my hands clenched into a fist...

Mark leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Let it go".
I looked at him confused. How did he know what I was thinking about?
He had the camera in his hand and showed me the picture of my balled up fist.
"Just let it go" Mark said again.
In order to receive from the Lord we first have to empty our hands of fear, control, worry, bitterness and disappointment so we are open to receive the good things He wants to give us in return. The result is peace, love, hope, faith  and trust.
I don't want to hold onto these things that cause me to tense up like a clenched fist. I want to come with open hands and an open heart....


" I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh." (Ezekiel 11:19)

No comments: