Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Children Are A Blessing

"My children are a blessing" reads the little sign I posted over my bathroom sink to remind myself daily of the truth of these words. Believe it or not I sometimes need to be reminded...


On days when I feel more like a WWF referee than a mom or I have to say "stop it" ten times in a row for the same misdemeanor and I feel like an underpaid maid...these are the days I need to remind myself of the blessings these little lives are. This week as we focus on the things we are thankful for at Thanksgiving I have found myself anything but thankful at times. I have been irritated and annoyed with my children too often. I need a change in perspective.
I need to remind myself of the Hopey's sweet  kisses and hugs that she bestows on me throughout the day, snuggling with Silas in the afternoon on the couch reading a  book, the nightly bedtime conversations on the edge of Sarah's bed, watching Moses's love of learning and creativity and so many other ways they bless and enrich our lives. Right now as I am writing Hope is standing on the back of my chair massaging my shoulders repeating "This make you feel better". Yes, my children are a blessing. And I am very thankful for their lives and the joy they bring....along with a little craziness!


 Thank you God for the gift of my children. The lessons they teach me, the way the challenge me in my walk with you, for the things they surface in my heart, their laughter, the hugs, their child like faith and the way they bring joy to our lives. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: