Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dear June...

Dear June where did you go? How is it July already...

I would like to say that after my pep talk about summer and grace the first week of summer was a total breeze but I would be lying. I tried real hard to embrace grace but it still felt like I got run over by a mack truck at the end of every day. I went from being six weeks removed from giving birth and spending my afternoons resting to full speed ahead with five kids running errands, packing for vacation, going to parks and just going going all day long. The second week of summer we headed to Ocean City, NJ for a "relaxing" week with 18 kids and 10 adults. It was a great time but I can tell we have all added some more kids in the last year! It felt a little more like "divide and conquer" than other years but still was a great week of eating, swimming, walking the boards, playing with cousins, and sitting on the beach.

Last week we spent the week unpacking and recouping from vacation and also visited a petting zoo and the toy train museum. This week starts two weeks of swim lessons and then a week of soccer camp for the boys. I really am becoming "that" mom! :) I feel like we are starting to get into a groove with summer and I really do enjoy having my kids around...um, minus the fighting. As I have written this I have already had to referee at least three arguments. Ahh...summertime! :) 

Welcome July we are excited for all that you hold!










1 comment:

AmyK said...

Been thinking of you lately! Glad to hear all is going well. Eden looks so big already!