Wednesday, July 25, 2012

sweet summertime.


"In order to be utterly happy the only thing necessary is to refrain from comparing this moment with other moments in the past, which I often did not fully enjoy because I was comparing them with other moments of the future." ~Andre Gide~

Oh this quote... So true. I have been loving this summer and trying to savor the moments. It is by far the busiest summer. Five kids keeps me hopping. But we are having fun...most of the time! :)

here are a few pictures, mostly from my phone, capturing moments from our summer days.

dog days of summer

a week of soccer camp for the boys!


beautiful girl cousins celebrating one of many summer birthdays :)


and this is how we beat the heat 


Eden partying it up at cousin Abby's fifth birthday
two weeks of swim lessons. completed.


swim lesson buddies

another date night with my man...two in one week. so blessed.

date morning with sarah to central market and the pottery works. 

my little artist at work.

good morning sunshine. almost three months old already.

an afternoon date with silas to mcdonald's, target and the doctor's for kindergarten day!
he is growing up!

“Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well holy date days and nights. you pack it in. and where did you do swim lessons? somehow i missed that. no wonder you are busy. lots of running. :) mis