Monday, December 17, 2012

we are not consumed.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? What took place at Sandy Hook Elementary on Friday was unimaginable...a parent's worst nightmare. The unthinkable took place and I don't even like to really think about it too long. It makes my heart heart.
Today I felt so heavy thinking about the people in Connecticut, other stories of recent loss, troubles at work, and my own stress of moving and packing at the holidays. I felt as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders. My heart was so heavy. And I felt guilty for even being  frustrated with my children this weekend  running around the house making messes. I want to enjoy these moments and cherish this time but sometimes this parenting thing can be just so downright frustrating and tiring.

Finally I just broke. Laid it all down at His feet. Let it go.

And peace came. It is not mine to carry. 

This verse came to mind,

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

-Lamentations 3:22-24

Amen. 



No comments: