Monday, February 18, 2013

an unwelcome house guest

Sickness has paid a visit to our house this week. First Sarah. Then Hope. Then Daddy got hit...HARD. He is going on his fourth day in bed. I am going on my fourth day of taking care of five children and a sick daddy in a little house. So today insanity won over cabin fever and I took all five kids to the mall for some "fresh air'" and new surroundings. They did amazingly well and it was just what the doctor ordered. A few laps around the mall, a soft pretzel and some jumping around the play land and we went home ready to embrace life again.
A few weeks ago, Hope turned to me out of the blue and said, "mommy i want to be a plumber when I grow up. Or maybe a doctor. I want to help people. But being a plumber is hard. So maybe just a doctor." 
i love this girl.
And as for our unwelcome house guest, you can pray that health and sanity are restored once more. Thanks!


No comments: