Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Perspective...

If I focus on the fact that we have had at least one person sick each day for the last four weeks....I can get a little discouraged, which is where I was at times yesterday as Moses and Sarah were both home sick again from school.


But I don't think I am to focus on that. And when I turn my focus on God's perspective I am able to see things differently.

I can see how His grace has carried us through. I can thank Him that these sicknesses have been just little nuisances and nothing major. I can see how we have rested more in the last couple of weeks. I think the kids collectively have taken more naps in the last few weeks than they did in the last 6 months. I can see Him giving me more patience (at least a little more).... ! :)




Perspective really does change things. How often am I focusing on the wrong thing?



God help me see things through your eyes today! I need more of your perspective!




"My thoughts and my ways are not like yours. Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, my thoughts and my ways are higher than yours."
-God (Isaiah 55:8-9)




Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

Shar said...

I think this is the things I struggle with most as a woman, wife, and mother...PERSPECTIVE! Will be praying that both of us will be able to see things for what they really are... Thinking of you this week!

The lady of the house... said...

I love the pictures you placed with the words. I enjoy reading your thoughts and sharing in them....