Friday, May 18, 2012

just breathe...



A mother’s labor and delivery never ends and for years she has to remember to just take a deep breath. Whole battles can be won by one breath and a prayer at a time. 
 ~ ann voskamp~

I came upon this quote last week and it struck a chord with me. With Eden's labor and delivery still fresh in my mind I can understand the importance of breathing and staying focused.
Sometimes I need to remind myself to take a deep breath and let go ....it's okay to leave dishes piled high in the sink.  It's okay if there is mud in the kitchen and toys strewn across the floor. It's okay if we don't always brush our teeth or even have matching socks. It's okay if the kids are fighting again. It's okay if I don't have it all together at the grocery store.

It's okay. Just breathe. Enjoy this season. It will not always be like this...

No comments: